Thursday, June 23, 2011

My NYC Devachan Trip!

Hey everyone! I just thought I would share a little information about my trip to NYC to study under the co-founder of Devachan and Deva Concepts!

A little information about Deva just in case you don't know what it is: Deva is a concept created just for curly hair. It has become quite the phenomenon across the world. They have a special cutting technique and coloring technique that I was lucky enough to learn from the creators. Also they have DevaCurl a wonderful product just for curls! Tad bit of info you might enjoy - Sarah Jessica parker goes to Devachan in NYC!

I flew into NYC Sunday morning to get myself settled and begin my planning for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!! I had class all three days where I fine tuned my cutting skills and learn their coloring technique used at their very successful salons in NYC. I am now the only stylist in Rochester that has this education for curly hair!

Each day I went in at 8:30 and studied until 5 pm. I worked on manikins and models! It was amazing!!

Here's a picture of me with the co-founder of Devachan and Deva Concepts!!

1 comment:

  1. I only cut my hair about three times a year and its so frizzy on top. There are literally two and a half inches of frizz on top of my hair at all times...curly frizz. Now you can save me!

    ReplyDelete